Katie is a leadership coach, speaker and culture expert helping leaders grow personally and professionally through her company, Team Awesome. She has led leadership, organizational development and HR best practices for more than a decade. Her experience includes serving as a Vice President of Human Resources for a nearly $4 billion publicly traded company and extensive experience in leading operations and human resources. She holds an MBA, is certified as a Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR) and as an ACC-certified professional coach by the International Coaching Certification (ICF).
Katie is a TEDx speaker alumna, author of the best-selling book, Hidden Brilliance: A High-Achieving Introvert’s Guide to Self-Discovery, Leadership and Playing Big, and co-host of The Life and Leadership Podcast.
Finally, you’ve made it. I am glad you are here.
I love coaching and developing leaders, and it’s been my passion since, well, forever. Think of the impact that one single leader has on the world through the ripple effect of their actions. I can’t wait to help you understand and optimize the effect you have on the world.
I am usually the outlier. I have often found myself to be the youngest person in the board room, the only woman in the group, or the only leader who seems to see things from a different viewpoint. And as a result, I felt small. It is sometimes hard for us to see where we are getting in our way, and giving myself the permission to play bigger (no really, way bigger) was the break through that I needed.
This is the place to feel heard, get out of your own way, and realize the potential that you weren’t allowing yourself to own. We are way too awesome to be playing small, and you were meant for bigger things than a slow death by conference calls.
Let’s get started.
- Being kind is free.
- You can be strong and well-liked.
- Listening is the best way to communicate.
- Professional doesn’t have to be boring.
- Be the best version of yourself.
- Effective is better than busy.
- The difference between talking and doing is accountability.
- Simple does not always mean easy.
- High fives, dancing, and cupcakes are always welcome.
- Did anyone die? No? Then stop taking things so seriously.
- Live colorfully.
- Put down your phone in the meeting.
- Be the solution.
- Make every day fun!
- Eye contact and a smile may solve 90% of our problems.
- Be open to being wrong.
- Be awesome today.